Monday, October 6, 2008

Top 10!

Top Ten Reasons Why Sarah Palin is a Good Vice-Presidential Candidate:
1. She has amazing vision- I mean if she can see Russia she should be able to see the future status of America!
2. She is a woman so she should be able to multi-task raising her five children, her grandkid, her marriage life, and the United States of America.
3. Miss Wasilla is just one of the awards that Palin has won to better qualify her for Vice-President, it means she has to have some talent!
4. She stands by her beliefs-this made obvious by her pregnant teenage daughter matching up with her pro-life beliefs
5. Relates to a lot of people including PTA and Hockey moms and don’t forget the Joe Sixpacks.
6. Can talk loud and clear so all can hear being a running mate of a senior citizen this is vital quality.
7. In the past she has done a good job of getting bills passed to assure a pipeline will be built in Alaska all the way to Timbuktu. With this advancement that will happen in 2017 and her 2 years of in-office experience she seems ready!
8. Her international experience consists of her numerous days at IHOP.
9. She will even be able to be in two places at once thanks to Tina Fey!
10. Being nominated a MILF by the teens of America should get the rest of the population to vote for her.

15 comments:

Eric said...

I think you had the best humour argument of anyone, it was hysterical. My only confusion was whether or not you had meant to sound anti-Palin, since you are clearly mocking Palin with the list. The argument at face value, though, couldn't be more clear and effective.

whopkins said...

Your idea was very good, and I think you really did grasp the whole idea of it. I would just say you are getting pretty close to offensive, Palin is still a person. But other than that good job!

Sara V said...

I thought this was really funny! You did a great job. I agree with Eric, I wasn't sure if you were meaning to sound anti-Palin or not. And I think that in your first point, about her vision, you could also include something about her glasses. Great job!

Justin S. said...

Funny, i liked how you stayed neutral to Palin. i would add a few a little less sarcastic tho.

akwilkins said...

Your argument was great! Very creative and well thought out! I wouldnt change anything!

Anonymous said...

This was awesome, its really funny. I loved the IHOP and McCain's age jokes. I think the milf one could be lost, I feel like its more shock humor than actually funny. Great job.

Marissa S said...

This was soo hilarious! I was laughing the whole time you were speaking. I would not change a thing about yours; your point was clear, effective, and so funny.

craig kocay said...

You finished with strong points. I thought this was a great idea. A few of the mid points could be funnier (they seemed serious), but overall great work and idea; keep it mostly the same.

David F said...

Hysterical, this could easily be put on David Letterman's top ten (i guess that was the point). It was great don't change a thing. Being in your small group and reading your other stuff i still can't tell whether you are for or against her, but thats completely unrelated to this Top Ten. Anyway Great Job!

Noelle said...

It was really funny. I don't know what else to add and I think your ten are good. I like Ihop as her international experience, but I don't know what you meant by the pipeline to Timbuktu? It may just be something I am ignorant about.

Xander said...

This was as close to perfect as anyone can get to a truly powerful and humorous argument. Don't be afraid to offend people, they should be strong enough not to take offense. Excellent job.

AlleOsborne said...

All are very well thought of and funny. I especially like the milf one and the senior citizen ones. Awsome job.

Lindsay B said...

Although I love Palin and this seemed to be mocking her, I think it was really funny! You did an excellent job making it humorous! Wow I do not know what I would change! Nicely donw.

Tommyboy said...

I thought your argument was probably the funniest of the bunch. You did a good job of using facts and tying them into some good humor.

Rachel Harper said...

Elsa,
It was very funny but you just grazed with being offensive. Clearly a satire, it definitely was effective.